- Registered charities under the Societies Registration Act 1860 vide Registration No: GBBSD-793.
- Registered charities under the Bombay Public Trust Act 1950 vide Registration No: F-18909.
- Registered with the Income Tax department for tax exemption under section 80G vide Registration No: DIT(E)/MC/80G/2420/2008/2008-09.
- Registered with the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs under Foreign Contribution Regulation Act to receive foreign contributions vide Registration No: 083990088
- Recognized by Women and Child Regulation Act – 1960 vide Registration No: 12/2008.
Accounts are audited independently by an external Auditor every year.
Partners and friends
We receive referrals of residents from JAPU (Juvenile Police Unit) and several legitimate NGO’s working in Mumbai, including Aakar, Don Bosco, Social Community Development, CWC and Prerena.
On a local Uttan community level, there are 400 students currently enrolled in Amcha Ghar School of which most are children from fisher folk families.
See Amcha Ghar through the eyes of a volunteer on India in 50 Posts, a blog by Dutch student Nathalie.
Some well wishes and impressions of Amcha Ghar by visitors and partners:
“Extremely delighted to see this organization run so efficiently on its own afford, the children look very happy, sweet and seem to be very well looked after. I hope to be associated with you in future also and all the best in your endeavour.” Priya Deo, Indian Association for Promotion of Adoption, Mumbai
“It was a privilege to visit Amcha Ghar and spend the day with the children, truly a home full of love and affection and togetherness, CIF is happy to be associated with Amcha Ghar and have been grateful for having the opportunity to touch the lives of these girls, wishing you all the best for the future. God bless and do keep up the quality of your effort.” Mohini Mubangi, Concern India Foundation, Mumbai
“Very impressed by the social work for the destitute girls, reaching out to them with love and care, wish this organization support and success.” Beryl Lobo, Union Bank of India, Bandra, Mumbai.
“Lots of love and genuiness around the little family.” Dr. Amita Suchak, Suchak Hospital, Malad, Mumbai
“Enriching experience with the kids on my visit, would love to come again.” Pravin Patil, attorney and legal advisor, Mumbai